Peninsula Wearable Arts Guild (PenWAG) Scholarship Competition 2015
The objective of the PenWAG Scholarships is to encourage and support study in fashion and textile arts as well as to introduce new and upcoming talent to our PenWAG organization. We offer a $1000.00 scholarship to a student studying Fashion Design at the community college level and a $500.00 scholarship to an 11th or 12th grade student studying Fashion Design at the high school level. Each winner will also receive a one-year PenWAG membership.
- Complete the entire application form.
- Be currently enrolled as a Fashion Design student.
- Submit a portfolio containing pictures or 8 ½ x11 inch sketches of your work with a typed page explaining the contents of this portfolio.
- Provide a double-spaced, typed page explaining your future educational and career goals.
- Winners must be available to receive their award at the PenWAG (Campbell Community Center) meeting on Saturday, April 11, 2015 as well as to present a brief “show and tell” of their work.
Application materials should be placed in a large envelope, mailed to Mo Davies at the address in the application, and received no later than Wednesday, March 25, 2015.
Interviews for semi-finalists will be conducted Friday April 3rd and Saturday, April 4th.
Winners will be notified by phone or email by Tuesday, April 7, 2015
All Portfolios will be returned to applicants.
Scholarship winners will be determined on the following basis:
- Portfolio content and application information.
- Goals, philosophy
- Instructor recommendation
- Skill and technique
- Semi-final interview