Peninsula Wearable Arts Guild (PenWAG) Scholarship Competition 2018
The Peninsula Wearable Arts Guild (PenWAG) is pleased to announce it’s annual scholarship opportunity for students currently enrolled in a Fashion Design or Textile Arts program.
Our objective is to encourage and support study in fashion and textile arts as well as to introduce new and upcoming talent to our PenWAG organization. We offer one $1000.00 scholarship to a student studying at the community college level and one $500.00 scholarship to a student studying at the 11th or 12th grade high school level. In addition, each winner will also receive a one-year PenWAG membership.
Scholarship winners will be based upon the following criterion:
- Portfolio/application/personal statement
- Goals and Philosophy
- Skill and technique
- Instructor recommendation
- Semi-final interview
Individuals applying for a scholarship must:
- Complete the entire application form.
- Be currently enrolled as a Fashion Design student.
- Submit a portfolio containing pictures or 8 ½ x11 inch sketches of your work with a typed page explaining the contents of this portfolio.
- Provide a double-spaced, typed page explaining your future educational and career goals.
- Winners must be available to receive their award at the PenWAG (Campbell Community Center) meeting on Saturday, May 12, 2108 as well as to present a brief “show and tell” of their work.
Application materials should be placed in a large envelope, mailed to Mo Davies at the address in the application, and received no later thanApril 28, 2018.
Interviews for semi-finalists will be conducted Saturday May 5th and Sunday, May 6th, 2018.
All Portfolios will be returned to applicants.
- PenWAG 2018 scholarship packet (announcement and application)
- PenWAG 2018 Scholarship packet with letter to instructors